Tuesday, July 15, 2008

LUDACRIS -N- DJ DRAMA.....GANGSTA GRILLZ....THE PREVIEW!!!!


With a new album on the verge of being released the leader of DTP has linked up with the Apphilates main DJ [DJ Drama] to bring us all a preview of what's in store from the master of rap music with a "Gangsta Grillz" mixtape. Check it out below.

Here's what Drama and Luda told MTV News:

Ludacris still feels that he is still on top of his game lyrically:

“I feel there is no rap style I cannot do,” ‘Cris said in Atlanta, standing next to DJ Drama during a round of pool. “Unlimited amounts of ways I can come on the microphone. I feel like I’m the best doing the damn thing.

Ludacris and Drama are putting the last touches on Luda’s new mixtape, The Preview.

“Album number six is on the way. It’s called Theater of the Mind,” Luda said. “So with that said, we got the mixtape, The Preview — the preview to the damn movie. It’s all about lyrical exercise. I been gone, opening up a restaurant [in Atlanta], doing a couple of movies here and there, just a little bit of everything. It’s time to get back in the music game. It’s been a long time, but we back on that ass.

“You gonna get a mixture of freestyles, new songs, snippets from Theater of the Mind, [past] songs where samples couldn’t clear and make the album, but they still crazy-ass records. And me and Barack O’Drama talking a gang of sh–. It’s as simple as that.”

“The first-ever Luda/ DJ Drama Gangsta Grillz!” Dram jumped in. “This sh– is history. It’s the preview, the coming attractions. Get your popcorn. This time, [the production of the tape] worked out through the conversation. Luda already had the concept of the tape, it being the preview … for the Theater of the Mind. When I heard [the word] ‘preview,’ my mind started immediately racing of how we should put it together. I said, ‘Every beat, everything you get on has to be a movie.’ On the microphone, he’s already a monster, so it’s kind of an easy thing. I like to give everything a beginning, middle and end. With a concept like The Preview, ['Cris] kinda made it too easy.”

No comments: