Saturday, July 12, 2008

THE "GAME" EXPLAINS FUNERAL BRAWL WITH FAMILY


Game phoned into Phoenix, Arizona radio show “The Nutz in the Morning” on Power 98.3, to break down his intentional distance from his family.

“Ain’t never been like a real family,” he disclosed. “They fight at every single funeral I’ve ever been to. My uncle wants me to go to the hospital to see my cousin and I really want to see my cousin, she’s dying, she’s on her death bed and I don’t want to be around these people ‘cause I know how they are. They’re cruel…”

Claiming the family’s motivation was purely for financial support, Game said they began calling him non-stop.

“My phone was just going off the hook,” he continued. “And everybody was calling [and] asking for money and just, you know, asking me to pay for the whole funeral, you know, which I didn’t have no problem doing but that’s not really my obligation. I just felt like they were trying to play me out for 17 grand.”

The Compton rapper said his mother recommended only paying for the casket and flowers, but his cousin’s family refused the offer wanting him to cover all costs.

Game also said his cousin Robert “Kirky” Kirkwood called his brother Fase to plan an altercation at the funeral.

“When I see him, I shake his hand and I go sit down and tell him I love him,” he recalled. “And then after the funeral, you know he’s a pallbearer. He’s supposed to be carrying my cousin to the hearse and getting her to the cemetery so she can go in the ground but he coming at me, pulling at me, and the first thing he said was ‘Eh homie, what’s up with that cheese.’ And I’m like ‘What, what’s up with that cheese’ and then he like ‘You The Game, right. You supposed to be big rapper, why you ain’t pay for the whole funeral, cuz?’”

Game then said his cousin became upset once he explained he had his own family to care of which led to him pushing the rapper. He justified punching Kirkwood as a defense and claims the entire family joined the fight.

Game’s third album L.A.X. is scheduled to hit stores August 26th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Crazy. Who fights at funerals? I feel Game on this one though. Regardless of how much money he has, it really isn't his job to cover the whole funeral, n da way ol boy approached him about da money was was outta line.